EMERGENCY VISITS: Our ER is open 24/7, no appointments necessary. Emergency patients are seen by medical priority followed by order of arrival. All emergency visits are prioritized utilizing the triage system. We thank you for your patience.
Use the buttons below to learn more about what to expect during your Emergency or Specialty visit to FVRC:
Curbside check-in details:
- No clients will be allowed into the hospital until further notice. If you have an emergency or an urgent appointment, please call the hospital before or when you arrive and remain in your vehicle: 239-992-8878. A staff member will meet you in the parking lot when we’re ready to bring your pet inside for assessment. Once a doctor has assessed your pet, we will communicate with you by phone to make diagnostic and treatment recommendations and to collect payments. When your pet is ready to go home, a team member will bring your pet and any medications out to your car for discharge.
- If you believe your pet has an emergency, please call ahead before coming. We may be able to help you determine if emergency care is necessary or if your pet can wait to be seen by your primary care veterinarian.
- For established clients with upcoming rechecks, a team member will be in contact shortly to discuss options, including delaying your appointment or scheduling a phone consult with your doctor.
- For new clients seeking specialty referral, please be aware that patients with chronic or stable conditions or those seeking elective procedures may be asked to delay their appointment until a later date.
- If you are a veterinarian referring a case for specialty or intensive care, please call the hospital to speak directly to the corresponding specialist so that we can work together to prioritize urgent cases.
- In addition to the rigid cleaning and disinfecting protocols already in place, we have increased the frequency of our cleaning practices. Employees who feel ill are instructed to stay home and contact their doctor.