- No appointment is necessary for pet emergencies or critical care referrals. We provide emergency pet care 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. A veterinarian is always on duty to care for your pet.
- Emergency patients are seen on a first come first serve basis, and are triaged according to the severity of their medical condition.
- Calling ahead prior to your arrival is recommended so that we may prepare for your pet’s emergency needs, however we understand that is not always possible during these situations.
- Routine specialty consultations are available by appointment Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm. In most cases, patients are referred to Florida Veterinary Referral Center by their general veterinarian. Ask your veterinarian if a specialist should be consulted on your pet’s problem.
- What to bring: Copies of your pet’s records, lab reports, x-rays and all medications that your pet is currently taking should accompany you on your visit. You can also request that your general veterinarian forward your pet’s medical information in advance of the appointment.
For more information and to schedule an appointment please call us at (239) 992-8878.
A deposit is required prior to any procedures provided at FVRC. Full payment is due and payable upon discharge. Payments may be made by cash, VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express. Checks are not accepted.
FVRC does not directly provide financing, however, we do provide a financing option with CareCredit and Wells Fargo. They offer convenient payment options that spread the cost of care over several months. To find out more about CareCredit and Wells Fargo, please visit their websites or give us a call.
We accept pet insurance. If you have medical insurance for your pet, let our staff know so that we can assist you with your insurance needs.