Why a Specialist?
Critical Care & Emergency Services
Under the leadership of Critical Care clinician, Dr. Joshua Parra, our skilled and compassionate team of doctors and technicians are ready to handle any type of emergency 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
At Florida Veterinary Referral Center we take pride in the fact that we are recognized by the Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society, VECCS, as an Emergency and Critical Care Center.
What does this mean?
In order to be recognized as an Emergency and Critical Care Center, veterinary hospitals must meet strict guidelines set forth by VECCS. At Florida Veterinary Referral Center, we exceed these guidelines, providing:
- Emergency and Critical Care service 24/7/365
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Comprehensive In-House Laboratory
- Two state-of-the-art surgical suites
- ICU oxygen chamber
- Long-term mechanical ventilation
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Enteral and parenteral nutrition
- Digital ultrasonography with color flow doppler
- Digital Radiography
- Video Endoscopy
- Electrical defribrillator
- Central venous pressure monitoring
- Direct arterial blood gas monitoring
- End tidal CO2 monitoring
- Blood and blood products
- And more…
After Hours Specialty Care
The emergency doctors at FVRC work closely with our team of board certified and residency trained doctors in Critical Care, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Surgery, Radiology, and Oncology. Should the need arise, our specialists are available 24/7 to assist with the care and treatment of your pet.