Why a Specialist?
Cancer can be a scary diagnosis for any pet owner. In past decades, cancer treatment options for pets were limited, and cures often elusive. Today, many types of cancer can be cured if caught early and appropriately treated. For non-curable cancers, a veterinary oncologist can be instrumental in providing cancer treatment options aimed at both slowing down cancer growth and effectively managing any cancer related pain your pet may have. At FVRC cancer treatment plans are designed to ensure your pet’s comfort and quality of life are maintained.
If cancer is a concern for your pet, FVRC’s oncologist and diverse team of specialists work closely together ensuring that each pet recieves the most effective and comprehensive care possible.
- Cancer diagnosis and staging
- Medical oncology and hematology
- Surgical oncology
- Biopsy and tissue analysis
- Minimally invasive surgery (ex. Laprascopy, Thoracoscopy, Cystoscopy, Arthroscopy)
- Melanoma Vaccine
- Radioactive Iodine Treatment (Radiocat I-131)
- Diagnostic imaging
- MRI & CT
- Digital radiography
- In-House blood testing/monitoring